Burning Brightly on Pattaya Beach
You had a cool night with a hot chick - drank an extra beer then awoke at the crack of noon. What better place to catch a nap than the beach?
Odds are you see yourself looking like the chap on the right -- right?.
Enter reality. First, Thailand's UV index will hover somewhere between9 and 12. Paris never gets above 8! The surface of the sun is 14!
And if you're a fair skinned redhead, 10 minutes of exposure on Pattaya Beach without sunscreen could get you a mild burn! Think what a couple of hours might do for the rest of your holiday.
If you forget the sunscreen and have a Heineken afternoon on the sun-drenched sands of Jomtien, you may actually look more like the Speedophile.
Yeah, reality sucks!
Pattaya Beach Tips
- Wear a hat that shades your face and back of your neck
- Wear good UV rated sunglasses
- Avoid peak UV periods - 10:00 - 15:00
- Use a good sunscreen
- Forget SPF 15! Start with SPF 30.
- Apply 15 - 30 minutes in advance
- Don't rub in - let it soak in.
- Use liberally. Experts suggest about a shot glass full per body. Our Speedo man might consider a pint.
- Apply often and after every dip in Pattaya Bay.
- Spend lots of time in the shade eating fruit and seafood while watching those lying in the sun sizzle
- A T-shirt is your friend
Follow our advice and have yet another cool night rather than 3 days of agony!
If you didn't follow our sage advice and got yourself burned to a crisp .. spend time in a cool swimming pool, use aloe vera, and take a couple of aspirin every few hours. And hope that your kitty doesn't claw very much.
If your sunburn is really bad .. i.e. blistering and/or extremely painful,consider the outpatient clinic at a hospital .. and, well .. lose the Speedos!